Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is it really almost July?

This month went by so fast! But at the same time, God has taught me so much in the past month. These are some of the things that I did this month:

First, I had two dance recital's that went really well!

Second, I graduated from high school. (woot!)

And third, I went to the Resolved Conference which was really awesome! I learned so much while being there and was super encouraged.

Since I've graduated people have been asking me, "What does it feel like now that you've graduated?" Before I would just say, "It doesn't quite seem real to me yet." But now I would say, "I feel excited. I don't know what God has for me but whatever it is....bring it on."

In this new season of life God has been teaching me to trust Him more, to abide completely in Him and to hold everything in my life with open hands, ready and willing to receive what He gives me and to trust Him when He takes things away.

I want to get to where Paul was when he desired nothing but Christ. He was willing to let go of everything if it meant gaining Christ. Here's what he said to the Philippians:

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith." Philippians 3:8-9

I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for me as I go through life with open hands to Him.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Amen to all of that, dear! Keep fighting. ;)
    Love~Love~Love,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete